Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We want to hear from you! Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have attempted to provide resources to you, our members, that were/are impactful and helpful during these unprecedented times. We want to know how we did! Please consider taking a minute to fill out a quick survey letting us know what you think about the services and resources we have provided in response to COVID-19. We thank you in advance for your time in helping us to continue improving on the experience our members have with CP Federal Credit Union!
UPDATE 11/13/2020 - Loan & Account Services
As we see an increase in COVID-19 cases in our community, we are adjusting our services in order to protect the health of our employees and members. Branches are OPEN for teller services, but you will need to schedule an appointment to work with a Loan or Member Serives Rep.
- Effective Monday, November 16, our Downtown, Parma, and Grass Lake lobbies will be limited to TELLER TRANSACTIONS ONLY. The Loan offices at these branches will be temporarily CLOSED.
- Effective Wednesday, November 18, the remaining CPFCU lobbies will be limited to teller transactions, with all other services by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
If you need to schedule an appointment for loan or account services, please do so here: https://CPFCUAppointmentRequest.as.me/
Check out our COVID-19 Safety Precautions Infographic for a simple "how to" for visiting our branches!
A Letter From President/CEO, Chrissy Siders
We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. The past several months have been a true test for all of us and we appreciate your patience, support, kindness and membership as we navigated this new terrain together.
We are pleased to announce that our lobbies will be open starting June 15th. One of our core values, Exceptional stewardship of all interests entrusted to our care, has been guiding us along the way as we prepare to welcome you back into the branches with your health, safety, security and our commitment to service as top priority. Please take note of our new environment and what you can expect when you visit a CPFCU location.
In preparation to maintain a safe and secure environment within our lobbies we are:
- Asking members wearing masks to temporarily remove your mask before you step into the building and replace your mask after you enter the lobby for identification purposes
- Installing protective Plexiglas shields at member facing touch points
- Maintaining continuous cleaning practices throughout all of our branches
- Placing floor markers to assist with social distancing
- Providing hand sanitizer stations for your use
- Establishing occupancy limits of members within our lobbies
- Temporarily making restrooms and the coin machines unavailable
We are requiring our employees to:
- Stay home if they have a fever or symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Complete a health survey daily before entering the building
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a mask when within 6’ of members or team members
We would like to ask our members to:
- Schedule an appointment for loan and membership services if possible; we will assist members who do not have an appointment in between members with appointments.
- Practice 6’ social distancing
- Wear a mask if you are meeting with a team member in an office; if you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you
- Use proper coughing and sneezing etiquette by using your elbow
- Stay home if you have a fever or symptoms associated with COVID-19
Chrissy Siders, President/CEO
We're back! All of our lobbies and drive-thrus are open. The loan offices at our Downtown, Parma, and Grass Lake branches are CLOSED for the time being. Please visit any of our other locations or apply online under the Loans tab!
CPFCU Remote Access Alternatives
Accessing your account remotely is a super easy alternative for banking from the comfort of your own home.
- Debit Cards for payments and ATM cash withdrawals
- Online Banking and Bill Pay for balance inquiries, transfers, loan payments, and account activity
- “CP Federal” Mobile Banking App with Mobile Deposit for checks
- Online applications for loans and new accounts
- Teller 24 Audio Access at (517) 784-5669 or (800) 252-4831 for balance inquiries and transfers
- To apply for a new account or loan online, follow these links:
Access your account anytime with our remote services
Business Member Resources
Michigan Small Businesses Now Eligible For SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
To further meet the needs of U.S. small businesses and non-profits, the U.S. Small Business Administration reopened the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance program portal to all eligible applicants experiencing economic impacts due to COVID-19 today.
Thanks to a concerted effort by the state of Michigan and the U.S. Small Business Administration, Michigan small businesses are now eligible for SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Please see below for more information:
- Low-interest loans of up to $2 million are available for small businesses and private non-profits.
- Loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills and have repayment options of up to 30 years.
- Interest rates are 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for private non-profits.
- Need help filling out the application? Access these step-by-step instructions
- Click HERE to apply now.
Additional Federal and State Resources for Small Businesses
- SBA Guidance & Assistance for Small Businesses
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- SBA Resource Partners are ready to help with no-cost, one-on-one business counseling regarding COVID-19.
- Visit Coronavirus.gov for the latest official health information and for a full list of the nation’s whole-of-government response, including safety, business and tax tips, worker assistance and more
- The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity has extended unemployment benefits for those impacted by Coronavirus - Here's how to apply
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s (MEDC) call center stands ready to support businesses looking for assistance through other available state programs. For more information, visit www.michiganbusiness.org
- Other Michigan government efforts pertaining to Coronavirus response can be found here.
Other Business Resources
- Access Small Business support during COVID-19 through the Small Business Development Center of Michigan (SBDC) - https://sbdcmichigan.org/
*The SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan is done completely through the U.S. Small Business Administration, not CP Federal. Please see the above links for more information and to apply.
Resources & Prevention
Loan Payment Deferrals for Member & Business Loans
- Members who have already requested to advance their payment dates do not need to resubmit their request.
- Members who wish to take advantage of additional time allowed, up to 90 days, should send an email to [email protected]. Please do not include confidential information until you receive a secure email from a member of our Mortgage team.
- Members with a commercial loan(s) that wish to take advantage of a deferment option should send an email to [email protected]. Please do not include confidential information until you receive a secure email from a member of our Mortgage team.
- Members with a consumer loan(s) that wish to take advantage of a deferment option should send an email to [email protected]. Please do not include confidential information until you receive a secure email from a member of our Mortgage team.
Kasasa & Choice Checking
We are excited to announce just one more way that we are able to assist members during such difficult times. All members who have a Kasasa or Choice checking account will automatically qualify for Kasasa rewards or waived Choice Checking fees for the month of April and May!
Pending ACH in Home Branching - See if Your Stimulus Check is on the Way
Did you know that you can see pending ACH transactions right in Home Branching?
To see if your stimulus check is on its way, all you have to do is log in to Home Branching! On the Accounts screen, which should be the first screen you see, you will see a little hour glass with a link that says Pending ACH - right under Account Summary, near the top of the screen.
When your stimulus check is ready, you will be able to see the total amount and the date that it will be posted under that Pending ACH link.
Special Note: This Pending ACH link is not showing a hold on your stimulus check. The checks will not be issued by the government until the date that is shown. The Pending ACH link is simply a nice feature that allows members to see pending deposits, just as it shows pending withdrawals. If you have direct deposit, you can use this feature to see your future pay checks as well!
The United Way of Jackson County and the Jackson Community Foundation are bringing the community together with the COVID-19 Response Fund. This fund will help with local relief efforts to help struggling families in Jackson.
For more information, or to donate, go to: http://uwjackson.org/covid-19-relief-fund-launched-to-support-efforts-for-local-residents/
What is your credit union doing?
CP Federal’s greatest assets are the members we serve and our team members that make that happen. Your financial and personal well-being are important to us, and we want to share with you the steps CPFCU is taking in the wake of the Coronavirus.
- CPFCU is continuously monitoring the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and trusted sources on national and local levels.
- We have preparedness and business continuity plans in place.
- We increased our cleaning services with an enhanced focus on high-touch areas.
- We are making available increased supplies of hand sanitizer and wipes for members and employees.
- We are continuously updating our team members, closely monitoring the health of our employees, and enforcing precautions to minimize exposure.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you have to cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are sick; please use our remote access channels vs. visiting a branch location.
- Avoid close contact with others (recommended distance is 6’ from individual displaying symptoms).
- Stay informed by visiting
CP Federal Credit Union is proud to partner with Banzai to provide a variety of free learning tools all about different financial topics that matter to you! Learning about financial topics has never been so fun! With these tools you can read topic related articles, use different calculators, check out coaching sessions, and take courses on different financial topics.
Some of the topics you can dive into include:
- Life Changes
- Borrowing & Credit
- Running a Business
- & More!
Why wait? Take control of your money today and sign up for your Banzai courses HERE.
Affected by COVID-19? Free financial counseling can help.
As COVID-19 spreads in the U.S., people all over the country are beginning to feel its financial ripple effect. If you or a loved one has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 virus, our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness can help.
A national non-profit, GreenPath offers judgment-free-counseling and advice (free-of-charge) to people facing debt and other issues.
Whether you are experiencing a temporary disruption to your paycheck, a longer-term income loss from layoff or job loss, or are just worried about your financial future, GreenPath’s NFCC-certified counselors will walk through your whole financial picture and help you identify options that can relieve stress, and make it easier to bounce back.
For those dealing with debt, GreenPath can also help you to explore options for that may be available to you through your creditors as a response to the COVID-19 crisis, such as reduced late fees or waived penalties.
Counseling from GreenPath is free and 100% confidential.
To get started, call 1-877-337-3399 or request an appointment online using their call request form.
For additional COVID-19 financial wellness resources, visit GreenPath’s COVID-19 resource page.