CP Federal Credit Union takes pride in providing financial education resources for members of all ages. Below are a few of the resources we provide to help make managing your financial matters a breeze.
Government Shutdown Assistance Program
CP Federal Credit Union is ready to serve and assist those impacted by the Federal Government Shutdown. CPFCU is offering a 0% short term loan solution, skip-a-pay options and fee refunds for new and current members impacted by the Federal Government Shutdown. If you are a Federal employee (active or retired) who did not receive a paycheck or retirement check as a result of the shutdown, you may be eligible to receive the following assistance.
CP Federal 0% Short Term Loan*
• 0 % APR, 90 day single-payment note loan
• Borrow up to one month’s salary**
• Offer available for qualified current & new members
Skip-a-Pay - Fees will be waived on all eligible loans.
Click here to learn about eligibility and to complete the form.
In the instance of an account overdraft, we will reimburse NSF fees that may be incurred on a case by case basis as requested by members affected by the Government Shutdown.
Free Financial Counseling
If you need assistance as a result of the Federal Government shutdown, call our financial partner GreenPath Financial Wellness at 1-877-337-3399. GreenPath counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To learn more, see their information below.
Not a Member?
Join today! Click here to learn more about eligibility and joining the CPFCU family.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The 0% APR, 90 day single-payment note loan is available to qualified new and existing members. Loans are subject to credit approval and verification of furlough. Member must provide verification with December 2018 account statement or pay stub verifying amount of monthly income. No payments required for the first 90 days of the loan. **Member may borrow up to one month’s salary. Offer may be extended and alternatives will be considered on case by case basis. At the end of the term, payment options and refinance alternatives set to current rates will be determined. This loan is for government employees only, contractors or employees of companies that support the federal government are not eligible. Some additional restrictions may apply. Contact CP Federal Credit Union for complete details at 800-554.7101. CP Federal Credit Union reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time. Membership eligibility guidelines apply.
As a valued member of CP Federal, we are committed to serving you. And as a benefit to you, we are providing you with free access to money management and financial education services.
We have teamed up with GreenPath Financial Wellness in order to bring you GreenPath, a financial management program. Through comprehensive education and exceptional service, GreenPath has been assisting individuals for more than 50 years.
As a member, you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment (fees may apply)
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
GreenPath can give personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
GreenPath counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. To use this new service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 or visit them on the web.
You may find it helpful to gather the information in this checklist before your appointment.
Each month, most people spend 10 percent more money than they make. Now there is a smarter way to manage your money. BudgetSmart is an easy-to-use software tool designed to help you manage money more effectively.
Use BudgetSmart to:
- Determine how you want to spend your income
- Track how you are actually spending your income
- Learn how to adjust areas where you are overspending
- Determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
When logging in, the Institution ID is "CPFCU" and the Password is "MIO1041".
CheckRight is a web-based checking account management education module designed to teach you how to manage a checking account. Use CheckRight if:
- You are looking to open a checking account for the first time or
- You have had difficulty handling an account in the past.
Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
CheckRight is a self-study program that allows you to learn at your own pace. Once you have read through the chapters, you will be directed to a quiz that will test your knowledge on checking accounts. You will be able to view the results and you have the option to send the results to the credit union via email.
Curious about your credit rating? Purchase your 3-in-1 Credit Profile and get your information in seconds from all 3 national agencies, via TransUnion.