Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
SBA - Paycheck Protection Program
We are currently NOT accepting new applications for the Paycheck Protection Program. Due to the high volume of interest in the program, we were unable to process all applications for members who previously applied. We are working diligently in hopes to secure funding for those members.
For more business member resources please keep scrolling till you find the "Business Member Resources" section below.
For more information on the SBA PPP, CLICK HERE.
Please note: there is currently a limited amount of funds available under the Paycheck Protection Program. CPFCU provides no assurance that it will receive Small Business Administration (SBA) approval for your loan request prior to the program funding limit being reached. By submitting an application, you agree to waive and release all claims against CPFCU in the event the program funding limit is reached prior to Small Business Administration approval being obtained.
Pending ACH in Home Branching - See if Your Stimulus Check is on the Way
Did you know that you can see pending ACH transactions right in Home Branching?
To see if your stimulus check is on its way, all you have to do is log in to Home Branching! On the Accounts screen, which should be the first screen you see, you will see a little hour glass with a link that says Pending ACH - right under Account Summary, near the top of the screen.
When your stimulus check is ready, you will be able to see the total amount and the date that it will be posted under that Pending ACH link.
Special Note: This Pending ACH link is not showing a hold on your stimulus check. The checks will not be issued by the government until the date that is shown. The Pending ACH link is simply a nice feature that allows members to see pending deposits, just as it shows pending withdrawals. If you have direct deposit, you can use this feature to see your future pay checks as well!
Loan Payment Deferrals for Member & Business Loans
- Members who have already requested to advance their payment dates do not need to resubmit their request.
- Members who wish to take advantage of additional time allowed, up to 90 days, should send an email to [email protected]. Please do not include confidential information until you receive a secure email from a member of our Mortgage team.
UPDATE: Our drive-thru hours are going back to normal, starting Monday, May 18. Our lobbies will remain closed until further notice.
Due to the Coronavirus, we are following safety precautions recommended by local and national authorities for disease control within our branches. The new closures and hours will take effect on Monday, March 23.
For helpful community resources and business member resources, please keep scrolling.
For quick updates posted as soon as a change is made, check us out on Facebook!
Temporary Branch Closings & Hours
M - F from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
M - F from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please see alternative locations and remote options for access
Thank you for your continued membership as we work to provide access to services and ensure the safety and well-being of our community during this time. Below are some changes we have made to our service channels in order to accommodate the members in light of our lobby closures.
Please call 517.784.7101
The services below have been made available through these delivery channels:
CPFCU Remote Access Alternatives
Accessing your account remotely is a super easy alternative for banking from the comfort of your own home.
- Debit Cards for payments and ATM cash withdrawals
- Online Banking and Bill Pay for balance inquiries, transfers, loan payments, and account activity
- “CP Federal” Mobile Banking App with Mobile Deposit for checks
- Online applications for loans and new accounts
- Teller 24 Audio Access at (517) 784-5669 or (800) 252-4831 for balance inquiries and transfers
- To apply for a new account or loan online, follow these links:
Access your account anytime with our remote services
Thank you Members! For your continued cooperation as we come together as a community during this challenging and unprecedented event. We want to assure you of our commitment to our members, community and each other and reinforce the safety and soundness of CP Federal Credit Union as a federally insured financial institution by the NCUA.
Business Member Resources
Consumers Energy Foundation Grant to the Jackson Community Foundation and the Enterprise Group
The Jackson Community Foundation and the Enterprise Group of Jackson have received a $200,000 gift from the Consumers Energy Foundation. The money will be used to create grants for small businesses affected by COVID-19 pandemic in Jackson County – focus will be given to businesses owned by women, minorities and small businesses who have not received support from other funding sources.
Michigan Small Businesses Now Eligible For SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Thanks to a concerted effort by the state of Michigan and the U.S. Small Business Administration, Michigan small businesses are now eligible for SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Please see below for more information:
- Low-interest loans of up to $2 million are available for small businesses and private non-profits.
- Loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills and have repayment options of up to 30 years.
- Interest rates are 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for private non-profits.
- Need help filling out the application? Access these step-by-step instructions
- Click HERE to apply now.
Additional Federal and State Resources for Small Businesses
- SBA Guidance & Assistance for Small Businesses
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- SBA Resource Partners are ready to help with no-cost, one-on-one business counseling regarding COVID-19.
- Visit Coronavirus.gov for the latest official health information and for a full list of the nation’s whole-of-government response, including safety, business and tax tips, worker assistance and more
- The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity has extended unemployment benefits for those impacted by Coronavirus - Here's how to apply
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s (MEDC) call center stands ready to support businesses looking for assistance through other available state programs. For more information, visit www.michiganbusiness.org
- Other Michigan government efforts pertaining to Coronavirus response can be found here.
Other Business Resources
- Access Small Business support during COVID-19 through the Small Business Development Center of Michigan (SBDC) - https://sbdcmichigan.org/
*The SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan is done completely through the U.S. Small Business Administration, not CP Federal. Please see the above links for more information and to apply.
Resources & Prevention
Kasasa & Choice Checking
We are excited to announce just one more way that we are able to assist members during such difficult times. All members who have a Kasasa or Choice checking account will automatically qualify for Kasasa rewards or waived Choice Checking fees for the month of April!
The United Way of Jackson County and the Jackson Community Foundation are bringing the community together with the COVID-19 Response Fund. This fund will help with local relief efforts to help struggling families in Jackson.
For more information, or to donate, go to: http://uwjackson.org/covid-19-relief-fund-launched-to-support-efforts-for-local-residents/
What is your credit union doing?
CP Federal’s greatest assets are the members we serve and our team members that make that happen. Your financial and personal well-being are important to us, and we want to share with you the steps CPFCU is taking in the wake of the Coronavirus.
- CPFCU is continuously monitoring the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and trusted sources on national and local levels.
- We have preparedness and business continuity plans in place.
- We increased our cleaning services with an enhanced focus on high-touch areas.
- We are making available increased supplies of hand sanitizer and wipes for members and employees.
- We are continuously updating our team members, closely monitoring the health of our employees, and enforcing precautions to minimize exposure.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you have to cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are sick; please use our remote access channels vs. visiting a branch location.
- Avoid close contact with others (recommended distance is 6’ from individual displaying symptoms).
- Stay informed by visiting
CP Federal Credit Union is proud to partner with Banzai to provide a variety of free learning tools all about different financial topics that matter to you! Learning about financial topics has never been so fun! With these tools you can read topic related articles, use different calculators, check out coaching sessions, and take courses on different financial topics.
Some of the topics you can dive into include:
- Life Changes
- Borrowing & Credit
- Running a Business
- & More!
Why wait? Take control of your money today and sign up for your Banzai courses HERE.
Affected by COVID-19? Free financial counseling can help.
As COVID-19 spreads in the U.S., people all over the country are beginning to feel its financial ripple effect. If you or a loved one has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 virus, our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness can help.
A national non-profit, GreenPath offers judgment-free-counseling and advice (free-of-charge) to people facing debt and other issues.
Whether you are experiencing a temporary disruption to your paycheck, a longer-term income loss from layoff or job loss, or are just worried about your financial future, GreenPath’s NFCC-certified counselors will walk through your whole financial picture and help you identify options that can relieve stress, and make it easier to bounce back.
For those dealing with debt, GreenPath can also help you to explore options for that may be available to you through your creditors as a response to the COVID-19 crisis, such as reduced late fees or waived penalties.
Counseling from GreenPath is free and 100% confidential.
To get started, call 1-877-337-3399 or request an appointment online using their call request form.
For additional COVID-19 financial wellness resources, visit GreenPath’s COVID-19 resource page.
CP Federal is proud to bring fun, and a little weirdness, to our communities! Keep scrolling to check out all of our current news, upcoming events, dates we will be closed, and special offerings!
Stay up on all of our Credit Union happenings by following us on Facebook!
No Promo Needed - Just Great Rates
- Visa To Go - 8.25%APR variable
- Visa Cash In - as low as 9.50%APR
- Auto Loans - as low as 2.99%APR
- Boat Loans - as low as 3.75%APR
- RV Loans - as low as 4.25%APR
**APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Rate determined by credit experience. Promotion not available for loans currently financed at CP Federal Credit Union. Rates subject to change. Some restrictions may apply. Membership eligibility guidelines apply.
**APR= Annual percentage rate. Visa To Go rate is calculated as Prime Rate + 3.0% and adjusts annually and will not exceed 12.0% APR. Rates subject to change. Some restrictions may apply. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Membership eligibility guidelines apply.
***APR= Annual percentage rate. Visa Cash In rate is a fixed rate determined by credit experience. Rates subject to change. Some restrictions may apply. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Membership eligibility guidelines apply.
Fore more information, please call 800.554.7101.
Extra, extra read all about it!
Get the latest news in our most current newsletter!
Want to learn more about our current financial status?
Mark your calendar and join us for all of these great events!
Annual Meeting - Postponed
Due to COVID-19, the Board of Directors has postponed our April 16 annual meeting to a later date. Stay tuned for additional communication on our rescheduled date. Thank you!
Just a heads up on the dates we'll be CLOSED in 2020!
Wednesday, January 1
New Year's Day
Monday, January 20
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, February 17
President's Day/ All Staff Day of Training
Monday, May 25
Saturday, July 4
Monday, September 7
Monday, October 12
Columbus Day/ All Staff Day of Training
Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27
Limited services will be offered on Friday, November 27
Thursday & Friday, December 24 & 25
Thursday, December 31 & Friday, January 1, 2021
New Year's Eve/Day